Monday, July 8, 2013

Our First Night in Duluth, Minnesota

After camping outside of the Badlands we got on the road to our next location: Duluth, Minnesota. Between the Badlands and Minneapolis there is really nothing to see or do but tourist traps. We thankfully only got stuck
 in one:

The nothingness between the Badlands and Minneapolis


All wood car




A White Subaru! I guess we were on the right path!


We finally reached Minneapolis and slept in a hotel. The next morning we went to breakfast in the Mall of America (thats the only way David could get me to go in it!) and the Art Meuseam (they have a wonderful outdoor sculpture exhibit thats free!

And then we got back on the road to Duluth:

Yay! Finally in Minnesota!

We got into Duluth in the early evening. It was very wet outside. David's friend decided the first thing we needed to do was have a very BIG fire:

Yes we used that whole container of gas.


Two Thumbs up for the Big Fire!!

We sat out by the fire until late when David brought out a surprise midnight snack:

Avery: What is that?!?
David: A Bacon Donut!
Avery: Where did you get that from?!?
David: A Gas Station!
Avery: I'm Definitely NOT okay with THAT!
.... ( I tried it). I mean how could I not try it. I'm always telling David that he should try some strange food because he might like it. Did I like it? Well it wasn't terrible but I'm still not okay with it - its more about having too many things that are really bad for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment