Saturday, June 13, 2015

The High Line to the Whitney

We started on the high line early in the morning with only the runners to dodge - perfect time to go on a Saturday. The gardeners blew my mind with these full shade astilbe plants in full sun! How did they do that?

 



The new Whitney building was a complete eyesore from the outside (just like everyone has been saying) and it was gorgeous on the inside. But that didn't keep me from getting a little down about the state of the arts in our society. 


 I didn't realize how much more graceful Lee Krasner was than her husband - now I know why I never liked his work!







A Jay DeFeo piece that she worked on for 8 years building up layers of paint. It is hard to see in this image but this piece is floor to ceiling ------>


 Lee Bontecou:


 Malcolm Bailey -

Eva Hesse:

We ended the day at the Gansevoort Market for a late lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment